Advanced Rigging Course
Approval of the Rigging Plan
• based on 16 reviews
About the course
The development of new technologies has enabled the construction and assembly of equipment and parts with increasingly larger dimensions and weights, consequently requiring increasingly complex and risky lifting and handling operations. Thus, it is essential that the teams of the companies involved in these procedures, contractors and contractors, deepen their knowledge of Rigging.
This course, taught by TechCon Engenharia, of high competence in the area, provides professionals who plan, execute, supervise or supervise this type of operation the opportunity to deepen their knowledge on the subject, namely in techniques, materials, special equipment and technical standards.
1 – Who is it for?
Professionals with experience in lifting loads – Rigging and who are Engineers, Technologists or Technicians, involved with the project, planning, Professionals with training and experience in lifting loads – Rigging and who are Engineers, Technologists or Technicians, involved with the project, planning, supervision and inspection of complex cargo lifts.
Note: Applications for Technical Level professionals have as prerequisites an interview with the Instructor and the analysis of their curriculum to assess their ability and use of knowledge, which have an advanced level.
2 – Teacher
Leonardo Roncetti, Civil Engineer, has over 22 years of experience designing maritime structures and works.
- PhD student in offshore lifting engineering at COPPE-UFRJ;
- Master in offshore engineering with emphasis on lifting from COPPE-UFRJ;
- Postgraduate in recovery and reinforcement of structures;
- Researcher in the area of lifting and assembly onshore, offshore and subsea;
- Member of ABNT’s CB-50 committee for lifting and ocean structures;
- Director of the company TechCon Engenharia e Consultoria, developing projects for onshore, offshore and submarine launch lifts;
- Software developer of crane operations simulation in 3D environment.
3 – Course Differentials
- Instructor with 24 years of structural engineering and 17 years of lifting engineering;
- Practical experience of hundreds of developed projects applied to the course;
- Based on updated national and international standards;
- 100% positive assessment of students;
- Excellent quality digital teaching material;
- Direct and practical content, revised and updated based on student feedback;
- Personalized mentorship;
- Attested by hundreds of companies that have already trained their employees.
4 – Advantages of the Distance Learning Course
- Lowest price to pay per enrolled student;
- Flexible hours, being available 24 hours a day, for 60 days;
- The student can review the content and ask questions and apply the content in their daily work;
- Less fatigue and better content learning;
- Lower risk and lower cost due to the absence of student or instructor travel;
- Monitoring of students by WhatsApp, email and phone;
- Clarification of student doubts for 30 days after the course.
5 – Purpose
Provide the student with solid and in-depth knowledge of advanced projects and load lifting operations, both for training and for recycling and validation of knowledge, taking into account the techniques and practices recommended by national and international standards in force.
6 – Content Summary
- Introduction to complex lifts
- Technical standards, guides and bibliographic references
- Types of cranes used in complex lifting
- Weight control during design, fabrication and assembly
- Calculation of “heavy lift” lifts with application in offshore lifting
- Special devices for heavy lifting (“heavy lift”) such as equalization beams, “block loader”, special shackles and others
- Special steel cable slings for high capacities
- Sizing and use of “grommets” and “cable-laid slings”
- Use of overhead cranes for “heavy-lift” lifting
- Operations with multiple lifting points: simplified calculation and rigorous finite element calculation, with practical applications
- Operations with multiple cranes: fundamental principles, distribution of forces, calculation of positioning
- Operations with multiple cranes: hoisting, verticalization, tipping
- Operation with multiple cranes: 3D simulation
- Multiple crane operations: field supervision
- Lifting with on-board crawler cranes
- Rigging plan for complex lifts
- Monitoring with load cells and sensors
- Stability of: lifting loads with center of gravity above the lifting point
- Case studies of accidents in complex hoists
- Application exercises
The student will learn all the calculations necessary to develop the following rigging plan:
Verticalization of the pressure vessel using two cranes
Offshore module installation using goat
7 – DESIRABLE PRIOR KNOWLEDGE
The Advanced Rigging Plan Course addresses more complex lifting operations, and prior knowledge is necessary or desirable for a better use by the participant. Thus, we recommend that the student has the following knowledge:
- Calculation of wire rope slings for usual lashings at any angle, according to NBR 13541-1;
- Calculation of the center of gravity of composite parts;
- Resistance of materials;
- Dimensioning of shackles and load rings;
- Mastery of the use of crane load tables.
If you have any doubts about the application of the course, we will be happy to answer you by phone.
8 – THE EAD MODALITY
The EAD RIGGING PLAN COURSE is carried out completely at a distance, and can be started at any time after registration, with a period of up to 60 days for completion, counted from the date of registration. During the registration period, our team of tutors will be available to the student to clarify any doubts regarding the understanding and application of the Course content.
9 – GENERAL INFORMATION
The Online EAD course is carried out completely at a distance, and can be started at any time after registration. The course is watched on video, via streaming, on our EDUC-EAD-P platform.
Duration and Term of Study
Course duration – minimum study time: 40 (forty) class hours, for 24 class hours, plus time for exercises and guided study.
Study period: the student will have a period of up to 60 (sixty) days to complete the course, counted from the date of enrollment.
Due to the lack of literature on the subject, an extensive didactic material was developed, whose main purpose is to be reference material during and after the course.
During the period of validity of the registration and up to 60 days after the course, the Professor and his team of tutors will be at the students’ disposal to clarify any doubts regarding the course content.
Upon completion of the course, the student will receive the 24-hour certificate, with digital signature, with legal value in the national territory.
10 – STEP-BY-STEP ACCESS
Step 1 – Registration:
The student will register directly on this page by clicking on the “BUY NOW” button on the side.
2nd Step – Beginning of the Course:
After registering, the student receives an e-mail requesting confirmation of his/her data and informing him/her of the temporary password. You will then receive a new email releasing your access to the course.
3rd Step – Access to didactic material:
When starting the course, the student will be able to download the didactic material that will be available in the first class and in the last module.
Step 4 – Deadline Closing:
The student will have up to 60 days to complete the Course, counted from the date of enrollment.
Each class can be accessed as many times as the student wants.
5th Step – Certificate
Upon completion of the course, the student will receive a certificate.
11 – INVESTMENT
VALUE: R$ 1,850.00 per registration.
PAY ON TIME: Pay in up to 12 installments with a credit card. See the value of the installments in the table below.
PAY CASH: pay in cash with PIX or TED – bank transfer. Sign up and wait for a response within 24 business hours. If you do not receive a response, please contact us.
DISCOUNT FOR FORMER STUDENTS: 50%. Ask for your Discount Coupon.
INCLUDED IN THE REGISTRATION FEE
Didactic material exclusively in electronic media, in color, abundantly illustrated, of high visual and didactic quality, for use during and after the course.
Digital certificate issued by TechCon Engenharia, in Portuguese or English, electronically signed by the instructor.
Support during and after the course (60 days), via email or WhatsApp, to answer questions about the understanding and application of the course content.
12 – REGISTRATIONS
Click the button below and register:
- Presentation of the course – The Professor
- Course presentation – What the Professor does
- Student Presentation
- Motivation: Why plan
- Technical Standards
- Types of cranes for complex lifting
- Weight control during design and construction
- Determination of weight and center of gravity – XY Plane: Part I
- Determination of weight and center of gravity – XY Plan: Part II
- Determination of weight and center of gravity – Z Axis
- Exercise 1 – Structure weighing with load cell
- Determination of lifting forces – Part I
- Determination of lifting forces – Part II
- Hook strength – 2 cranes
- Force at the lifting point
- Calculation of forces on the structure and slings
- Exercise 2 – Calculation of forces on slings
- Extended Body Shackle
- Case Study – Use of Cable-Laid – Mussel
- Cable-Laid type slings
- Grommet slings and braided slings
- Calculation of forces on the structure and slings
- Exercise 3 – Sizing Cable-Laid slings
- Exercise 4 – Crane Check
- Hoisting with multiple cable legs
- Methods to even out strength in the legs
- Lifting operation with two or more cranes
- Exercise 5 – Load Verticalization
- Lifting with mobile crane over ferry
- Lifting with mobile crane over ferry
or from R$ 194,68/mo. for 12mo.