The greater the complexity of the load and lifting conditions, the greater care must be taken in the rigging plan.
Executed in February 2022.
Photos: Author’s archive.
– 02 coke processing equipment;
– Weight: 96 tons each; length: 34 meters;
– Hoisted with 95% of the components assembled, generating a lot of interference.
– 2 cranes of 500 tons each (Liebherr LTM 1500-8.1 with 50 m jib);
– Many interferences on the route, as the construction of the building was in progress;
– Need to guarantee the structural integrity of the load and its global stability, since the CG was very high;
– Many interferences also in the support, with rails, bases, gutters, slabs and support.
Rigging plan prepared by TechCon:
– Weight control during manufacturing and assembly;
– Verification of the structural integrity of the load during lifting, via finite elements;
– Structural design of rocker arms, “triplates”, locking flanges etc;
– Design of the specific padding for each padding, considering the various interferences;
– Simulation to verify clearances;
– Consulting in the execution of the lifting.
Our offshore lifting projects: Click here
Our lifting courses: Click here