I will teach 2 subjects in the postgraduate course:
– Fixed and Floating Offshore Platform Structures
– Lifting Techniques for Offshore Decommissioning
The decommissioning of platforms is an intense activity today in the North Sea and the Gulf of Mexico, involving billions of US$ and a large productive and technological chain.
In Brazil, some of them have already been decommissioned, and the tendency is for this activity to grow, given the legal requirements of the ANP, the environment and the Brazilian Navy.
Typical structures to be decommissioned in Brazil:
Summary of numbers:
– World: 700 offshore platforms scheduled to cease production (CoP);
– Brazil: 96 platforms for CoP;
– Brazil: 15 to 20 platforms with notice of decommissioning to the ANP.
– Brazil: US$ 6 billion over the next 5 years.
The post is promoted by the Catholic University of Petrópolis and IPETEC: https://lnkd.in/eGZ_DZy2